Table of Contents
DM: Direct Message
The full form of DM is “Direct Message“. It is a social media term that allows private messages between users of a social network. A direct message (DM) is a private form of communication between social media users that is only visible to the sender and recipient(s). The term is popular on social media networks like Facebook, Whatsapp, Snapchat, Twitter, and Instagram.
Social media giants like Instagram, Twitter and Facebook all allow for direct messages between their users, with varying restrictions by platform.
- Twitter allows DMs to be sent to 50 users and requires a follow.
- Instagram DMs can be sent to up to 15 people.
- Facebook requires a users to like a Page before DMs are permitted.
Advantages of DM
- Allows you to chat in ‘real time’ to other people who also have an DM client.
- DM allows you to get on with other things and yet be in touch real time with connected friends and colleagues.
- Useful for customer support contact instead of having to phone a support line.
- DMs have many fantastic benefits for businesses and brands as well. They are intimate, private, conversational, and personalized directly to whoever the recipient is. They are also a powerful, enticing way to build customer relationships.
Other full forms of DM
|Diabetes Mellitus||Diseases & Conditions|
|Companies & Corporations|
|Dominica||Countries & TLD|
|Doctorate of Medicine||Academic Degrees|
|Dystrophia Myotonica||Diseases & Conditions|
|Doctor of Management||Academic Degrees|
|Disease Management||Diseases & Conditions|
|Data Mining||General Computing|
|Data Management||Ocean Science|
|Direct Marketing||General Business|
|Direct Mail||General Business|
|Decision Maker||Occupation & Positions|
|Dungeon Master||Occupation & Positions|
|Myotonic Dystrophy||Human Genome|
|Data Manipulation||General Computing|