ITI: Industrial Training Institute
The full form of ITI is Industrial Training Institute. It is also known as ITI’s. ITI is a government training institute responsible for providing industry related training to students. These institutes are specifically set up to impart technical knowledge of students who have just passed 10th standard and want to get some technical knowledge instead of pursuing higher studies. The ITI is formed to provide training in various trades under the Directorate General of Employment and Training (DGET), Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship and the Central Government. Industrial Training Institute (ITI) provides training for various industries Like Mechanical, Electronics, Information Technologies, Fabrication, Automobile, Diesel Mechanics, Lift Mechanics, Computer Software, Sheet metal, Electrical, Plumbing, Wire man etc. The courses offered under ITI are known as “trades”.
Admission to the various trades are done every year in August. The admission procedure is started before the commencement of the new session. Under the NCVT guidelines admission in ITI is made On merit based/written examination.after 8th 10th and 12th one can take admission. Admission to the private ITIs are done directly. For ST,SC and OBC students, scholarship is provided by the government.
Other full forms of ITI
- Information Technology Institute
- International Theatre Institute
- Indian Telephone Industries
- Institute of Translation & Interpreting
- International Trachoma Initiative
- Intercultural Theatre Institute
- Information Trust Institute
- International Training Institute
- International Theological Institute
- Itambacuri Airport
- Infrastructure Technology Institute
- Integrated Thematic Instruction
- International Teamworks, Inc.
- Indian Telephone Industry
- Inter-Trial Interval
- Incremental Tree Induction
- Instructor Training Institute
- Insight Technology, Inc.
- Information Technology and Informatics
- Illinois Teenage Institute
- Interdisciplinary Thematic Instruction
- International Trading Incorporated
- Industrial Training Institutes
- International Training Inc
- International TechneGroup Incorporated
- Industrial Training International
- International Tableware Inc
- Information Technologies Inc