Table of Contents
What is the full form of NIOS?
The full form of NIOS is National Institute of Open Schooling. It is a board of education under the Union Government of India. As the NIOS full form suggests, it is an open school established to provide distance education. If a student can’t attend regular schooling they can opt for distance learning from the National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS). It was established in 1989 by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD) of the Government of India to increase literacy in India. It is an autonomous organization. Its objective is to provide affordable education to the students of remote areas of the country.
- The minimum age to take admission in the Secondary Course is 14 years as on 31st January of Current year.
- A learner who has passed class VIII and has valid proof of attaining 14 years of age can apply for registration to the Secondary Course.
- A learner giving a self-certificate “I have studied enough to be able to pursue secondary course” is also eligible for admission to the Secondary Course.
- A learner who had studied at the secondary level can also seek admission in NIOS either to complete his course or to improve his performance.
Senior secondary Courses
- The minimum age to take admission in the Senior Secondary Course is 15 years as on 31st January of Current year.
- In order to take admission in the Senior Secondary course, the learner must have passed the Secondary course from a recognised Board.
Education and Examination
- Education is provided through Modern Communication Technology in the institute. Self-learning material is provided to the students. Here students are also supported from time to time through audio and video programs.
- Students can apply online for admission in NIOS. The process of admission to academic courses (secondary and senior secondary) runs from July 1 to August 31. The process of admission in Vocational Education continues throughout the year.
- Public examinations are conducted twice a year in April-May and October-November on the dates fixed by NIOS. The results of public examinations are declared six weeks after the conclusion of the examinations.
Other full forms of NIOS
|Northern Ireland Optometric Society||Irish|
|Network Identity Operating System||General|
|Not in Our School||Education|
|Netware Input Output System||IT|