Table of Contents
SCERT: State Council of Educational Research & Training
The full form of SCERT is “State Council of Educational Research & Training”. The State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT) is a state-level educational organization in India that is responsible for designing and implementing educational policies, programs, and research. SCERT also works closely with other state-level educational institutions, such as the State Board of Secondary Education and the State Department of Education, to implement education policies and programs effectively.
Objectives of SCERT
The primary objective of the State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT) is to promote quality education and improve the teaching-learning process in the state. Some of the specific objectives of SCERT include:
- Developing curricula and instructional materials: SCERT is responsible for developing curricula and instructional materials for schools in the state, based on the latest educational research and best practices.
- Conducting research studies: SCERT conducts research studies on various aspects of education, including curriculum development, teacher training, and educational technology, to identify areas for improvement and inform policy decisions.
- Providing teacher training: SCERT provides in-service training programs and professional development opportunities for teachers, to help them improve their teaching skills and keep up-to-date with the latest educational trends and practices.
- Promoting innovation and experimentation: SCERT encourages and supports innovative approaches to teaching and learning, and facilitates experimentation and pilot projects in schools to improve educational outcomes.
- Disseminating information and knowledge: SCERT acts as a repository of information and knowledge on education and disseminates this information to various stakeholders, including teachers, parents, and policymakers.
Overall, the objective of SCERT is to ensure that every child in the state receives a quality education that prepares them for success in life.