MC: Menstrual Cycle
The full form of MC is “Menstrual Cycle”. Menstruation is also known by the terms menses, menstrual period, cycle or period. It is the regular natural change that occurs in the female reproductive system (specifically the uterus and ovaries) that makes pregnancy possible.
- Also read: MC full form in Event
Stages of the Menstrual Cycle
- Menstrual phase: This is the first stage of the menstrual cycle. This phase starts when an egg from the previous cycle isn’t fertilized. This bleeding usually lasts for 3-4 days.
- Follicular phase: This is the first phase of the menstrual cycle. It starts after menstruation when the bleeding stops. In this phase, the follicle prepares to release the egg, with usually only one follicle developing into an egg.
- Ovulatory phase: This phase starts from the 14th day of the cycle. In this stage, the egg is released from the ovary and directed into the fallopian tubes. If sperm is not present in the fallopian tubes, fertilization does not occur and the eggs disintegrate within 24 hours.
- Luteal phase: In this phase, the remnants of the follicle (called the corpus luteum) break off, if fertilization had not occurred in the previous phase. This leads to the disruption of the inner lining of the uterus which causes bleeding or the onset of menstruation. If fertilization had not occurred then body will produce human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG). This is the hormone pregnancy tests detect.