MBBS: Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery
The full form of MBBS is Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, It is derived from Latin—Medicinae Baccalaureus, Baccalaureus Chirurgiae (MBBS). MBBS is a professional undergraduate medical degree offered in medicine and surgery by medical schools and universities. It is provided by medical schools and universities in medicine and surgery. As the name suggests, these are two different degrees that have been combined as Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery. So, in practice, they are considered one and honored simultaneously. The duration of the MBBS course is five or six years, including the duration of the internship.
MBBS is for those candidates who want to fulfill their dream of becoming a doctor. The person pursuing MBBS degree becomes a certified physician. The MBBS curriculum includes anatomy, pharmacology, pathology as well as studies of community health and medicine, pediatrics and surgery. The course is prescribed in such a way that MBBS degree holders may select a specialization for further studies and medicine. Career specializations for MBBS students include nephrology, cardiology, gynecology, anesthesiology, organ transplant, endocrine and general surgery.
Eligibility for MBBS
- Candidates have to pass class 10+2/higher secondary/pre-university qualification examination with science subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry and Zoology/Botany. He should also have studied English as the main subject for their qualifying examination.
- Further, the candidates are required to fulfill the age limit criteria i.e. they have to complete the age of 17 at the time of admission.
- There are additional eligibility conditions as mentioned by the regulatory authorities for MBBS i.e. Medical Council of India (MCI).
MBBS Entrance Exams
For admission to MBBS degree, students are required to appear in the Medical Entrance Examination at the national level and based on their marks they get admission in medical colleges in India. Here are the most famous entrance exams for MBBS entrance:
- NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test)
- JIPMER (Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research) MBBS Examination
- AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences) MBBS Exam
Popular MBBS Colleges in India
Some of the reputed medical colleges offering MBBS in India are as follows:
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Delhi
- Christian Medical College (CMC), Vellore
- Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune
- JIPMER Medical College, Puducherry
- Lady Hardinge Medical College (MAMC), Delhi
- Maulana Azad Medical College (MAMC), Delhi
- Grant Medical College, Mumbai
- Kasturba Medical College (KMC), Manipal
- Bangalore Medical College (BMC), Bangalore
- Christian Medical College (CMC), Ludhiana
Other full forms of MBBS
|Multi Bidirectional Bus Service||Transportation|
|Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto Shaheed||Famous & Celebs|
|Molecular Biology and Biotechnological Science||Academic Degrees|
|Mennonite Brethren Biblical Seminary||Universities|
|Mian Biwi Bachay Samait||Academic & Science|
|Must Be Bull Shit||Funnies|
|Master of Bajji Bonda Service||Funnies|
|Muh Bang Bang Sem||Companies & Firms|
|Mouth Big, Brain Small||Funnies|
|Married But Beautiful Sight||Websites|
|Music Business Bachelor of Science||Business|
|Muslim Bomb Blowjob Shack||Religion|
|Managed BroadBand Service||Networking|
|Multiline Bulletin Board System||General|
|Major Bulletin Board System||General|