SP: Superintendent of Police
In Police, SP stands for Superintendent of Police. The Superintendent of Police (SP) is the head of the police force of a district in India and heads the police force of a district. Officers of Indian Police Service (IPS) and State Police Service can get the post of Superintendent of Police. The rank of superintendent of police is equivalent to the rank of senior Captain or major or lieutenant colonel in the Indian Army.
How to become a SP?
A candidate become a Superintendent of Police directly. He/She should meet following eligibility criteria to become SP.
A candidate who wants to become SP or Superintendent of Police, must have at least a graduate degree from any recognized university in any stream, only then the candidate may be eligible for further processing. After getting a bachelor degree, there are three options for a degree holder to become an SP officer that are listed below:
- The candidate can appear for the UPSC CSAT (civil services aptitude test) and pass this exam with a good rank. Then choose I.P.S (Indian Police Service) among all other group A posts. Cracking civil service is very tough. The UPSC CSAT is one of the toughest exam in the world. In the beginning, you will be posted as D.S.P or A.C.P and after gaining the required experience you will be promoted to the level of S.P.
- Clear your State Public Service Commission Examination and choose Police post if qualified. Most states have their PSC exams like in West Bengal it is WBCS from where in Category – B you will find WBPS(Police Service). It is very respectable job as you will be placed in your home district with powerful post like DSP and can become SP after having the required experience. However, the promoting may take more time in this case as compared to the first option.
- In this option, the candidate can start as a Sub Inspector in their state police department. They have to work hard and prevent crime with utmost dedication so that they may get promotions and become SP after proving their caliber and courage. Often SI of Detective Departments performs excellent work and pushed to maximum promotion level i.e SSP…….like the Gurudaspur SP who was martyr in the terrorist attack was a Sub Inspector in beginning of his career.
- The maximum age for general candidate is 32 years.
- The maximum age for OBC candidate is 35 years.
- The maximum age for SC / ST candidates is 37 years.
- Candidates should be fit physically and mentally.
- Minimum height for men should be 165 cm.
- The minimum height for women should be 150 cm.
- The chest of the male candidate should be 84 cm.
- Candidates reserved for this have been given some cms in height and chest.
- Eye: 6/6 or 6/9
Other full forms of SP
|Service Pack||Software & Applications|
|Service Provider||Computer and Networking|
|Samajwadi Party||Indian Political Party|
|Shuttle Projects Office (ksc)||Space Science|
|Singapore Polytechnic||Universities & Institutions|
|Salisbury postcode area||Postal Codes|
|Shoulder Pitch||Space Science|
|Sao Paulo||Country Specific|
|Specialist||Military and Defence|
|Single Player||Computer Technology|
|Sub Project||Space Science|
|State Park||State & Local|
|Signal Peptide||Human Genome|
|Special Publication||US Government|
|Standards Proposal (TIA Industry Ballot)||Computer and Networking|
|Security Policy||Military and Defence|
|Stack Pointer||Computer Assembly Language|
|State Police||Law & Legal|
|Study Point (ETSI)||Computer and Networking|
|Singular Perturbation||Physics Related|
|Solar Physics||Space Science|
|Superior Performance||Occupation & Positions|
|Single Pole||Space Science|
|Self Propelled||Military and Defence|
|Single Processor||Computer Hardware|
|Single Precision||Space Science|
|Senior Partner||Job Title|
|Strada Provinciale||Law & Legal|
|Skating Professional||Job Title|
|Standard Or Peculiar||Space Science|
|Spare Parts||Computer Hardware|
|Standard Pressure||Physics Related|
|Street Photography||Job Title|
|Stevens Point||State & Local|
|Switchable-P [frames]||Computer and Networking|
|Senior Pastor||Job Title|
|Compressed File Archive (splint)||File Type|
|Special Proceeding||Military and Defence|
|Sabotage Pack||Military and Defence|
|Suppressive Person||Job Title|
|Shock Practice||Military and Defence|
|SAIDAPET||Indian Railway Station|
|Source Program||Military and Defence|
|Security Pack||Military and Defence|
|Static Pressure||Space Science|
|System Procedure||Computer Assembly Language|
|Special Performance||Computer Hardware|
|Spear Point||Earth Science|
|Superultramodern Physics||Physics Related|