ACP: Assistant Commissioner of Police
The full form of ACP is Assistant Commissioner of Police. ACP is one of the prestigious posts of the Indian Police Service. It is a post given to a police officer of the rank of Assistant Superintendent of Police (Asst.SP) or Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP). The Insignia of ACP is three stars.
How to become ACP?
There are two ways to become an ACP:
- Getting general promotion from state police rank to gradually become ACP officer after serving around 15-20 years in police department.
- Writing Group I exam and direct recruitment after getting a good rank in UPSC exam.
Qualifications required to become ACP
- It is mandatory for a candidate to be an Indian citizen to become an ACP.
- Candidate must be physically and mentally fit.
- To become an ACP candidate must also be a graduate in any stream from recognized university.
- To write UPSC exam, the candidate’s age should be between 21 to 32 years, in which OBC candidates are given 3 years relaxation, and SC/ST candidates have 5 years relaxation.
Key Duties of ACP
- ACP performs all the functions and duties of the Commissionerate assigned by the Commissioner of Police.
- He has to guide and supervise the officers under his jurisdiction and maintain the discipline of the department. They should make regular visits to the police stations.
- They make regular visits to the site of crime and for offenses of serious nature to follow and execute orders of higher authorities. He investigates crimes so that future incidents can be prevented.
- They also take roll-calls during visits to police stations, to make arrangements for overnight visits and to ensure that all officers under them are on alert during such visits.
Other full forms of ACP
|African, Caribbean, and Pacific||International Orgaizations|
|Aluminium Composite Panel||Architecture & Constructions|
|Acyl Carrier Protein||Science|
|Sahand Airport||Airport Codes|
|Australian Consolidated Press||Companies & Corporations|
|Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics||Science|
|Automated Command Post||Military and Defence|
|American Real Estate Partners||NYSE Symbols|
|Adjacent Channel Power||Military and Defence|
|Actual Contribution Percentage||Stock Exchange|
|Average Contribution Percentage||Accounts and Finance|
|Air Cadet Publication||Military and Defence|
|Advance Care Planning||US Government|
|Airspace Control Plan||Military and Defence|
|Automatic Colt Pistol||Law & Legal|
|American Cosplay Paradise||General Business|
|Allied Communications Publication||Military and Defence|
|Association of Computer Professionals||General Computing|
|Anticipated Cash Provider||Accounts and Finance|
|Automovel Clube de Portugal||Hobbies|
|Annual Compensation Payment||Accounts and Finance|
|Administration Control Panel||Computing|
|Auto Colt Pistol||Military and Defence|
|Ansi Code Page||Computer Assembly Language|
|Alberta College of Pharmacists||Educational Institute|
|Average Conditional Probability||Accounts and Finance|
|Armament Cooperative Project||Military and Defence|
|Alternative Class Program||Educational|
|Access Control Point||Military and Defence|
|Appalachian College of Pharmacy||Educational Institute|
|Allied Communications Protocol||Military and Defence|
|Area Coordination Paper||Military and Defence|
|Applied Communication Program||Universities|
|Army Capabilities Plan||Military and Defence|
|Airline Control Program||Information Technology|
|Acb Compressed File Archive||File Type|
|Microsoft Office Assistant Preview File||File Type|
|Air Commander's Pointer||Military and Defence|
|Application Control Parameter||Softwares|
|Automatic Cartridge Pistol||Military and Defence|
|Azimuth Counter Pulse||Electronics|
|Activities, Channels, and Pools||Accounts and Finance|
|Advance College Project||Educational Institute|
|Automated Change Processing||Space Science|
|Average Contribution Percent||Measurement Unit|
|Associated Computer Professional||Job Title|
|Advanced Co-processor||Computer Hardware|
|Active Control Point||Earth Science|
|Assign Common Pool||Military and Defence|
|American Center for Physics||Physics Related|
|American College of Phlebology||Educational Institute|