CO: Circle Officer
The full form of CO is Circle Officer. CO is not a rank but a post, commanding an independent police sub-division in the states of Rajasthan, Uttarakhand, Bihar and Uttar Pradesh. A circle officer (CO) is a police officer of the rank of Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) or Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) having insignia of 3 stars.
How to become an Circle Officer
There are 2 ways to become CO in the Police department:
- The State Public Service Commission conducts the State Civil Services Examination from time to time to directly recruit police officers to this post. Interested candidate can apply for this exam, after passing he/she will be circle officer.
- Another way to become CO is by promotion from junior ranks to the rank of circle officer or deputy superintendent of police or assistant commissioner of police.
Qualifications required to become a CO
- It is mandatory for a candidate to be an Indian citizen to become a CO.
- Candidate must be physically and mentally fit.
- To become a CO candidate must be a also from recognized university and must be graduate in any stream.
- The candidate’s age should be between 21 to 44 years.
- The minimum height for male candidate is 168 cms and for female candidate is 155 cms.
- Minimum chest required for males is 84 cms and minimum chest expansion of 5 cms.
- Candidate should speak and write the native language of the state.
Other full forms of CO
|Commanding Officer||Military and Defence|
|Continental Airlines||Aircraft & Aviation|
|Contractual Obligation||General Business|
|Change Order||Project Management|
|Clockwork Orange||News & Media|
|Charge Off||Accounts and Finance|
|City Ordinance||Law & Legal|
|Corsican||Language Codes (2 Letters)|
|Commissioner's Office||Law & Legal|
|Corrections Officer||Job Title|
|Cargo Operations Directorate||Space Science|
|Customization Operator||Job Title|
|Certified Orthotist||Job Title|
|Crematory Operator||Job Title|
|Certified Operator||Job Title|
|Convenience Outlet||Real Estate|