Table of Contents
CSAT: Civil Services Aptitude Test
The full form of CSAT is “Civil Services Aptitude Test“. It is a nationwide competitive examination in India conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for recruitment to the various civil services of the Government of India such as Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS), and Indian Police Service (IPS).
Eligibility Criteria for CSAT Exam
The eligibility for the exam is as follows:
- For Indian Administrative Service and Indian Police Service, the candidate should be a citizen of India.
- For other services, the candidate should be one of the following:
- Citizen of India
- Citizen of Nepal
- A Tibetan refugee who settled permanently in India before January 1, 1962.
- A person of Indian origin Person who has migrated from Pakistan, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
All candidates must possess as a minimum one of the following educational qualifications:
- Degree from a Central, State or Deemed University
- A degree obtained through distance learning
- A Degree from an Open University
- A qualification recognized by the Government of India as equivalent to one of the above.
The following candidates are also eligible but they have to produce the proof of eligibility from the competent authority in their Institute/University at the time of Main Examination, failing which they will not be allowed to appear in the examination.
- Candidates who have appeared in an examination, the passing of which will qualify them as educationally qualified to satisfy one of the above points.
- Candidates who have MBBS Degree final exam but not completed internship yet.
- Candidates who have passed the final examination of ICAI, ICSI and ICWAI.
- Degree from a private university.
- Any foreign recognized by Association of Indian Universities Degree from University.
- Minimum age 21 and maximum age 32 years for general category.
- OBC minimum age 21 and maximum age 35 years.
- For SC/ST minimum age 21 and maximum age 37 years.
- Personnel disabled in operations during hostilities for defense services, maximum 40 years is.
UPSC CSAT Exam Syllabus
The UPSC CSAT Exam syllabus as prescribed by the UPSC in their notification consist of the following broad categories:
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision-making and problem-solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level)
Other full forms of CSAT
|Customer SATisfaction Score||General Business|
|Customer SATisfaction||General Business|
|Center for Substance Abuse Treatment||US Government|
|College Scholastic Ability Test||Colleges|
|Controlled Substances and Alcohol Testing||General|
|Certified Sex Addiction Therapist||Certifications & Diplomas|
|Center for Strategy and Technology||Technology|
|Cyber Security Assessment Tool||Cyber & Security|
|Certified Separation Anxiety Trainer||Certifications & Diplomas|
|Charter School for Applied Technologies||Schools|
|Civil Society Action Team||Societies|
|Cold Spray Action Team||General|
|Comprehensive Science and Arts for Teaching||Art|
|Controls Self Assessment Tool||General|
|Corps Shoaling Analysis Tool||General|
|Corrections Statistical Analysis Tool||Statistics|
|Canton-Protocol Strategic Alliance Treaty||Alliances|
|Centre for Substance Abuse Treatment||Medical|
|Chemical Security Assessment Tool||US Government|
|Combined Systems Acceptance Test||NASA|
|Commonwealth Secretariat Arbitral Tribunal||General|